Saturday, 21 January 2012

The Deanamo Makes Singletrackworld.com!

It started as a solution to riding every day, wanting to avoid charging batteries all the time and to allow me to ride further, or for longer and with more light without worrying about battery burn times. After looking at what was available and concluding it was well short of what I wanted from a dynamo, I sat down at my work bench with a soldering iron. It took up too much of my time and now, after many iterations, the deanamo, my own development of a truly off-road capable mountain bike dynamo light, is on Singletrackworld.com's "Fresh Goods Friday"!


LINK TO THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE


You can see the full article below:


3 comments:

  1. I've always wondered why no one bothered to get this sorted out. as STW say, weight is likely to be similar to a normal setup, but never having to fanny around with spare batteries and charging would be such an advantage. and its always batteries that wear out first on light setups anyway! Good work. Im sure im will catch on in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olly. Thanks for the kind words.

    I suspect no-one bothered wasn't quite the case. I suspect people have just tried and then failed to make it work. I learned the hard way that this is a tricky project to complete. For an off road usable light, it turns out it's quite hard to overcome the issues of getting enough power from the hub to the light in a usable way and then making sure the light stays on when you slow down or stop. This took me a LONG time to develop by both book work and testing and development to get to this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done...is this light system for sale?

    ReplyDelete