Monday, 31 October 2011

2011 - That's All Folks


With a couple of overseas business trips meaning I was unable to make both Dusk 'Till Dawn and Oktoberfest 12hr events, all of the endurance races I'd had my eye on for 2011 are done and dusted. It's been an up and down season but now it's time to forget about race plates, take stock, make new plans and get out on the bike and pile in the winter miles.


Here are few of my highs and lows:



HIGHS:


4) Shhh... it's the best one but, for now, it's a secret, I can't tell you about this one yet!


LOWS


It was also a massive high (and a huge honour), at the start of the year to be officially sponsored by Santa Cruz Bicycles and The North Face, who teamed up for 2011. Sad though it was to leave the great guys at Leisure Lakes, their support, as well as the equipment they have supplied me with to race all weekend, has been fantastic. 

I also owe a special thank you to my other sponsors, whose support has been unwavering great and who have made some long hard events and rides a lot more fun and comfortable: Science In Sport for the food and drinks they supplied, Exposure Lights who kept me riding full speed through the night, Syncros, whose finishing kit was faultless and, importantly, comfy, for many, many hours in the saddle, Active Physio Clinics, who kept my broken body going after each event and crash, Lezyne, whose tools and equipment are elegant engineering achievements that make me smile, as well as tough and functional, Squirt, who kept my drivetrain going hassle free and, finally, Mt. Zoom, whose race proven kit shaved those last grams off my race bikes. Also a huge thank you to my friends and family, without whose tireless cheering and handing of gels and bottles racing would be a lot less fun . Here's to a long and successful 2012 together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment