Monday, 6 June 2011

The Long Way Home - Making it all Worthwhile

The greatest commute in the world?
It had been almost three weeks of enforced time off the bike after separating my shoulder before I ventured back onto the MTB for a few gentle, short and slightly sore, commutes to work. However, when I left work on Thursday, the lure of the South Downs was too great.




After work I headed away from my house and up the hill behind work, to the top of the Downs ridge, instead of opting for the flat, direct, seafront road home. Although my pace wasn't in any way fast, and even though I steered clear of anything bumpy, opting for smoother, wider, "fun" tracks, I was rewarded with an evening that made everything seem right with the world.

I can't wait for the shoulder to be healed fully and to head out for a full day's adventures in the hills :-)

Maybe Mayhem could just happen after all (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment