Saturday, 2 April 2011

Psssshhhhh! SIS 1-0 SDW

Energy gels - keeping rider AND bike going in 2011!
Pssshhhhh.... that awful sound when you hear all the air suddenly exit your back tyre in a single revolution. All too familiar to regular riders of the flinty hills that make up a good chunk of the South Downs Way.


Today, however, even a large slit in the sidewall of my tyre would not foil my ride plans. Throw two SIS GO Gel wrappers into the mix, pop an innertube in and the bike was as good as new. 


Ride finished, no drama, plenty of sunshine and I felt very pleased with my handywork :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob,
    Clever idea about the gel wrappers, I 'll have to carry an extra one for those crazy emergencies. I've used a piece of thin cardboard for that once. Who knew....gel thingys work.
    Clever.... cheers!

    ReplyDelete